6/1/2013 2:45 P.M. ET
Over 4,300 runners help raise more than $180,000 at 12th annual Redlegs Run
By / MLB.com
Over 4,300 runners and walkers turned out this morning for the 12th annual Redlegs Run at Great American Ball Park, which generated more than $180,000 for the Reds Community Fund.
• The overall top 5K male finisher was Derrick Butler of Ashtabula with a time of 16:03
• The overall top 5K female finisher was Olivia Connaughton of Cincinnati with a time of 18:31
• The overall top 10K male finisher was Kevin Herd of Maineville with a time of 34:00
• The overall top 10K female finisher was Kerry Lee of Cincinnati with a time of 38:39
All four of the top finishers have been invited to throw out ceremonial pitches prior to the Tuesday, June 4 Reds vs. Rockies game at Great American Ball Park.
Complete race results will be posted at www.reds.com/run.
Race photos can be found at www.facebook.com/RedsCommunityFund.
All proceeds from the race directly benefit the Reds Community Fund and its youth baseball and softball initiatives. Current activities include:
• The P&G Cincinnati Urban Youth Academy which begins construction in Roselawn in July
• The P&G/Reds Community Makeover which will take place in Avondale in August
• The Reds Rookie Success League which begins its eleventh season of free, character-based programming on June 10th in Cincinnati, Butler County, Clermont County, Louisville and Dayton.
Race partners include: Fleet Feet Sports, Coldwell Banker West Shell, Cintas, UnitedHealthcare, Trophy Awards, 9 on Your Side, 700WLW, LaRosa's, United Dairy Farmers; Coca-Cola, Queen City Sausage, Kroger Co., Nike; Central Parking System; Castellini Group of Companies and the Flying Pig Marathon.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.