07/30/2012 5:18 PM EST
Homestand Highlights July 30 - Aug. 5 Reds vs. Padres & Pirates
Monday, July 30 - Cincinnati Reds vs. San Diego Padres, 7:10 p.m.
• First Place Reds: Cheer on the first place Reds vs. the San Diego Padres as they go for 11 wins in a row tonight. Mike Leake (4-6, 4.12 ERA) takes on former Reds teammate Edinson Volquez (6-7, 3.30 ERA) to kick off a seven game homestand.
• Moment of Silence: Prior to the singing of the National Anthem, a moment of remembrance will be observed for the life of Mrs. Louise Nippert. An integral part of the Reds ownership groups over the past 46 years, Mrs. Nippert passed away last week at the age of 100.
• “Dummy” Hoy Night: Tonight’s National Anthem will be signed for the hearing impaired in attendance as part of the annual “Dummy” Hoy Night, organized each season by the Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center of Greater Cincinnati. William “Dummy” Hoy was the first, and most accomplished, deaf player in MLB history and is a member of the Reds Hall of Fame.
Tuesday, July 31 - Cincinnati Reds vs. San Diego Padres, 7:10 p.m.
• Cincinnati Library “Red Card” Ticket Discounts: All Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County library card holders can purchase half price tickets to watch the Reds take on the Padres tonight at www.reds.com/redcard. (Restrictions apply, offer subject to availability)
Wednesday, August 1 - Cincinnati Reds vs. San Diego Padres, 7:10 p.m.
• FOX Sports Ohio Fan Express: FOX Sports Ohio will debut its Fan Express to Reds Country on Wed. at Noon in front of The Holy Grail at the Banks. Groups of Reds fans can ride in style in this Reds-themed charter luxury coach to and from select games in Aug. and Sept.
Thursday, August 2 - Cincinnati Reds vs. San Diego Padres, 12:35 p.m.
• Reds Family Game: Reds players and their families will participate in the annual Reds Family Game on the field from 10:30 to 11 a.m. (Rescheduled from July 19)
• RCF and P&G Community Day: Over 400 P&G North America Marketing employees are partnerinwith the Reds Community Fund for a community service project today at Cheviot Memorial Fields. Projects include restoring ballfields, the historic grandstand and fieldhouse and the surrounding community playground and picnic areas. A dedication ceremony is scheduled for 3:45 p.m.
Friday, August 3 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks Friday: Post-game fireworks show with soundtrack celebrating Marty Brennaman’s 70th birthday will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by Klosterman Baking Co.
• Free Agent Friday: Join fellow Reds fans and Cincinnati singles to kick off the weekend with Free Agent Fridays presented by the Banks Bar Association, including Holy Grail Tavern & Grille, Johnny Rocket’s, the Moerlein Lager House and Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill! Head to the Fan Zone to enjoy singles mixers, drink specials and music from DJ Sab.
Saturday, August 4 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.
• Johnny Cueto Bobblehead: Free bobblehead of the Reds ace to the first 25,000 fans, presented by Formica.
• Cincinnati Zoo Bald Eagle Flight: “Sam” the Bald Eagle from the Cincinnati Zoo will perform a flight from the roof of the Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion in center field to the pitcher’s mound during the singing of the National Anthem.
Sunday, August 5 - Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Brandon Phillips Backpack: As part of family day at the ballpark, free mesh jersey backpack of the All-Star second baseman to the first 8,000 kids 14 and younger, presented by Cincinnati Bell.
• Meijer Family Game: One member of the family pays full price and may purchase up to three non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
• Baseball Tomorrow Fund: During pregame ceremonies, MLB’s Baseball Tomorrow Fund, in conjunction with the Reds Community Fund, will present a $2,500 grant to the Fairfield Community Foundation in support of the Joe Nuxhall Character Education Fund and its Reds Rookie Success League - Butler County program.
• RCF Family Catch: A few spots remain to participate in the RCF’s “Family Catch” on the field after today’s game. Packages include two game tickets and postgame field passes. Sign up at www.reds.com/catch or call (513) 765-7240.
• David Concepcion Bobblehead: The 2012 Big Red Machine bobblehead series, presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, continues in August with the release of the David Concepcion bobblehead. The bobbleheads are free with full-price paid admission to the Reds HOF & Museum on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in August, while supplies last. Fans can meet Concepcion and receive a signed bobblehead at a special event at The Tap House Grill on August 6. Purchase tickets at www.redsmuseum.org or by calling (513) 765-7926.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.