03/26/2009 4:40 PM ET
Reds bring back $5 tickets, announce $1 food items
CINCINNATI (March 26, 2009) -- The Cincinnati Reds have announced the return of $5 single game tickets and the debut of new value-priced concession items at Great American Ball Park for the 2009 season.
"We want fans to know that Reds baseball will continue to be an affordable entertainment destination all season long," said Phil Castellini, Reds chief operating officer. "With the help of our corporate partners, we are always looking for ways to make Great American Ball Park the best reason to visit downtown Cincinnati."
The $5 Outer View Level tickets are back at Great American Ball Park to give fans a great value throughout the season. Tickets are in sections 509-510 and 536-537 (corners of the upper deck) and are available in advance and on game days, if available.
The $5 tickets are available for all regular season games except for Opening Day. The price stays the same even for Select Games: vs. Indians, May 22-24 and vs. Cubs, June 5-7.
Fans have many options to get the $5 tickets:
- Internet: reds.com
- Phone: 513-381-REDS or 877-647-REDS (7337)
- In person: Great American Ball Park ticket windows and at area Meijer stores
- Reds.com kiosks: On Crosley Terrace at GABP, on Fountain Square and at the Skyline Chili on 4th & Sycamore in downtown Cincinnati.
The last season that $5 tickets were available was 2007.
Value Menu Concessions
$1 Menu Items (sold at two concessions stands, one in the Fan Zone and one on the first base side View Level)
- $1 hot dog
- $1 12 oz. Coca-Cola sodas
- $1 bag of peanuts
- $1 ice cream cup
- $1 Redlegs French Chew taffy
Additional Value Menu items also include:
- $5 14 oz. draft beer (sold at all beer stands except in club and suite levels)
- $7 adult value meal (regular hot dog, 16 oz. Coca-Cola soda and small chips or snack)
- $5 kids value meal (kids hot dog, small Coca-Cola soda, snack and baseball card)
The $7 adult value meals are available at 18 locations and the $5 kids meal will be available at 10 locations.