Big Red Machine's "Great Eight" to reunite during Joe Morgan Weekend, Sept. 6 and 7
CINCINNATI (Aug. 30, 2013) - The starting eight members of the 1975-76 Cincinnati Reds World Series Championship teams will reunite Sept. 6 and 7 as part of Joe Morgan Weekend. This is the first time the "Great Eight" will appear together at Great American Ball Park.
Scheduled to appear are:
• Joe Morgan
• Pete Rose
• Johnny Bench
• Tony Perez
• Dave Concepcion
• George Foster
• Ken Griffey, Sr.
• Cesar Geronimo
On Friday night, all eight Reds legends will take to the field in special post-game ceremonies followed by a fireworks show set to hits from the 1970's.
On Saturday, the Great Eight will participate in the Joe Morgan statue dedication prior to the game. They will also be on field for the "Joe Morgan Day" pregame ceremonies, culminating in a first pitch by the Hall of Fame second baseman.
Highlights from Joe Morgan Weekend include:
• A post-game fireworks show on Friday featuring a 1970s-era soundtrack
• The Joe Morgan statue unveiling and dedication Saturday at 10 a.m. on Crosley Terrace
• Free Joe Morgan T-shirt to the first 20,000 fans at Saturday's game
Fans can also receive a free Joe Morgan collectible sculpture presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP with full-price admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in September. (Begins Sept. 6, while supplies last.)
Tickets are still available for all games:
• Friday, Sept. 6 at 7:10 p.m., Reds vs. L.A. Dodgers
• Saturday, Sept. 7 at 1:05 p.m., Reds vs. L.A. Dodgers
• Sunday, Sept. 8 at 8:05 p.m., Reds vs. L.A. Dodgers
For more details and a full schedule of the Joe Morgan Weekend events, visit reds.com/Morgan
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.