OPENING DAY PARKING INFORMATION
Click on the images to download a printable version of the map. (Note: You
need Acrobat Reader in order to view the map. Download
Reader - FREE.)
More than 42,000 baseball fans will make their way to Great American Ball Park on Monday, April 2, to watch the Opening Day festivities. Fans are encouraged to plan ahead and keep the following traffic tips in mind:
Motorists are encouraged to use the following routes into downtown Cincinnati:
* From I-75 South – use the Freeman Avenue exit to Mehring Way to the riverfront.
* From I-75 North – use the Fifth Street exit in Cincinnati, then right onto Central Avenue to the riverfront.
* From I-71 South – use the Gilbert Avenue exit to Eggleston Avenue to the riverfront.
* From I-471 – Use the Third Street exit to the riverfront.
FINDLAY MARKET PARADE INFO
There will be several street closures near the Findlay Market and in the central business district to accommodate the Opening Day Parade, including the parade route as follows:
* Race Street between Liberty Street and Fourth Street
* Fifth Street between Elm Street and Sentinel Street
Roads around Findlay Market close at 7:30 a.m., and roads along the parade route will close at 10:30 a.m. (they reopen after parade).
Public parking will be available in the following areas:
* Many lots north of Third Street (Fountain Square Garage and the Fountain Square South Garage below the Westin Hotel)
* Along East Pete Rose Way, Eggleston Avenue and near Sawyer Point
* Lots north and west of Paul Brown Stadium
* Riverfront surface lots near Paul Brown Stadium and Great American Ball Park on a first-come, first-served basis until 9 a.m.
(The Great American Ball Park Garage, the Central Riverfront Garage and the East Garage are reserved for Reds season parking pass holders on Opening Day.)
PARKING FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
Access to Great American Ball Park for people with disabilities is provided in two ways:
* Limited number of parking spaces are available at the Great American Ball Park Garage and the Central Riverfront Garage (underneath National Underground Railroad Freedom Center)
* A portion of Main Street is reserved between Second Street and Mehring Way for dropping off and picking up people with disabilities who arrive in cars, vans and other vehicles with a capacity of 15 or less. Access to this portion of Main Street will be from Mehring Way only.
Tour groups who arrive by bus are strongly encouraged to use the Riverfront Transit Center for parking, loading and unloading of their patrons. All buses that use the Transit Center must also park in the Transit Center. Reservations must be made in advance at (513) 632-7527.
* Get there early! Cincinnati will be backed with Reds fans, and those who get there early will find the best parking spots.
* Call ahead and check on traffic conditions for the best route into Cincinnati.
* Consider the use of public transportation, including Metro buses and TANK shuttles.
* Check weather conditions and dress appropriately.