The Boys and Girls of Summer
June 16-20, 2008
Calling all baseball fans! Do you love the game of baseball and the Cincinnati Reds? Want to spend a week exploring the Reds Hall of Fame, Great American Ball Park, and everything in-between? Then this camp is for you!
- Learn all about the exhibits at the Reds Hall of Fame!
- Record an old-fashioned radio broadcast and take home a copy on audio CD!
- Meet a Cincinnati Reds mascot!
- Learn how to play 1869-style baseball by learning from and playing with members of the Cincinnati Vintage Baseball Club!
- Learn how to keep score at a baseball game and then keep your own scorecard while watching the Reds take on the Dodgers!
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of Great American Ball Park and also play a few innings on the field!
All of this, plus crafts, games, and other fun activities await you during these five unforgettable days at the Reds Hall of Fame. Please note that this is not an instructional camp.
This weeklong camp is held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day and is open to both boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 12 (by the first day of camp). Cost is $179 and includes all supplies and crafts, a camp T-shirt, snacks, one ticket to the Reds vs. Dodgers afternoon game on Thursday, June 19, and exclusive access to the Reds Hall of Fame and Great American Ball Park. Campers provide their own sack lunch each day.
Registration for 2008 has ended.
For camp questions, please contact Ken Freeman, the Hall of Fame's education and programming manager, at (513) 765-7922 or email@example.com